Search This Blog

Thursday, February 18, 2010

I kicked myself

I got out and ran tonight. Did 4.5 miles in under 45 min. Not great but at least I went out. I hate running in the dark and by myself but it gives you time to think. I am going to be honest with myself from this point on and get with the program. I weigh 206 lbs. I want to be under 175 by May when I do the Hagan Stone Tri. In order to do that I need to train and I need to get off the couch and train! I am being repetitive, but its the truth. Thats a little over 30 lbs in 3 months. I don't think that is unreasonable. I know I am out of shape when my average heart rate for a run is 175bpm. That needs to go down. I think I need some base mileage to get that down and stop going out and running as fast as I can. So I guess my next 2 weeks will be long slow runs...or walks.

No comments:

Post a Comment