Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

First posting from Fat Tri Newbie

Well this will be my first posting. I have always talked about doing a triathlon, and my wife finally got sick of me talking about it and signed me up for a few. I have already done the Issac Dickenson Hot Chocolate 10k in Asheville. Ok not a tri, but it was a start. I did ok. My time was just a few seconds over an hour. Next is the High Point half marathon. Haven't officially signed up for it because I have been very lazy the last few weeks and am wondering if I can get enough training in to do it. I think I can, I think I can....blah. Oh well, then after that is the Hagan Stone try a tri. not sure on the distances but this will be the first official Triathlon. Not too far away, just south of Greensboro. Then after that will be the big daddy for me. The Philadelphia Olympic distance Triathlon. This is a 1.5 km swim, 40km bike and 10km run. I am not sure I will be ready for this. Bike and run...fine. Its the swim that scares the bejeebies out of me. I haven't done a lot of swimming and don't really have a good place to do it. I have a membership at the Rush, but thats such a piddly pool. I think when the weather gets warmer I am going to swim in the lakes by the house. They say no swimming, but who is going to say anything at 5am? I won't, will you?

No comments:

Post a Comment